July 26, 2012

CRY FOR CONGO

In my first post, I must have mentioned my passion for the Congo. A lot of people ask why not Nigeria? I do not know? I first heard about Congo when i was about 9 years old, through a music group that came to our church in nigeria. I will not claim knowledge of the issues in Congo, but when I see suffering I do not first think of the story behind it, everyone has their own versions of a story, I think of how to end the suffering.

6 million dead people! Everyone is shouting over 20 dead people, so why is there silence over 6 million? We need to shout, we are all humans, injustice is injustice, suffering is suffering.

I hear Congo and I cry, Every parent's prayer is that their child will never be raped or buried before them. Although childless, I carry the people of Congo in my womb, my bosom, my heart. Let us cry for our brothers, our sisters, our children!!!!

If you can't help financially, it doesn't mean you are powerless to help. Raise AWARENESS. We all know the power of social media. PLEASE do something. Do not think it is contained, so it will never affect your area. even the most quarantined disease can spread with just the tiniest mistake.

I AM NOT attaching thEsE links http://congojustice.org ,  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLV9szEu9Ag&feature=player_embedded put blame on anyone. So please do not shift focus from the suffering to the involvement of another country. Cry for Congo do not throw stones at another.

cRY FOR CONGO

No comments:

Post a Comment